Welcome to our Home Learning Zone.
This is where we will set activities for you to complete at home, together with providing the necessary support and guidance you may require.
Our school website will be regularly update, during term time (no updates over the Easter holidays) to provide links to a range of online activities and to provide guidance on how we are going to support children. Please click on the link below to take you to your class home learning weekly activities.
Class 1 Class 2
We would like the children to complete the following activities either on a daily or weekly basis, in the textbooks we have provided:
- Reading – continue to read daily and record in the reading record.
- Writing - Keep a daily diary/scrap books detailing ‘The Great Coronavirus Shut-down’ – what they have been doing each day. This can either be hand written or electronically produced.
- Spellings/Phonics- Spellings will be updated weekly (on Monday) on www.spellingshed.com Your child(ren)’s log-in details and password can be found at the front of their reading record.
We will upload a powerpoint and activity sheets each Monday to accompany the weekly spellings.
- Punctuation and Grammar – Complete the age appropriate activity mat, published each Monday on the website.
- Maths (Learn Its) - continue to practise:
- Reception and Year 1 - number bonds
- Year 2 – number bonds, 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Year 3 – 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables
- Years 4, 5 & 6 – up to and including all times tables up to 12 x 12
- CLIC folder containing Learn Its, Calculation and SAFE worksheets
- Topic (weekly) – Class 2: Groovy Greeks; Class 1: Jungle and Artic Explorers
- Year 6 only - practise SATS papers in preparation for Appleby Grammar School